Benefits of Living on Campus at CMC
Living on campus at Colorado Mountain College offers all the conveniences of independent living coupled with valuable support, learning, and safety structures to facilitate student success. Residents cherish the on-campus living experience and form lasting memories of their college experience.
Residence life professionals and student staff live among the students in the residence communities and are available to assist 24 hours a day.
Why Live On Campus?
- National statistics say students living on campus do better academically.
- Achieve a higher GPA due to an increased connection to faculty/staff members.
- Learning experiences intentionally designed to meet the needs of new and continuing students.
- One convenient bill for room, meals, and all utilities.
- Financial aid adjusted to accommodate on campus rates and applied directly to the bill.
- No financial impact if your roommate leaves mid-year.
- Easier to meet new people and the increased possibility of making life-long friends.
- More likely to get involved in campus activities, whether academic or non-academic.
- Develop extracurricular relationships with faculty/staff members.
- Convenience of having meals prepared for you – no time devoted to grocery shopping, cooking, and doing the dishes.
- Staff available to mediate/assist with conflict resolution.
- Conveniently walk to classes and avoid the need to “hunt” for parking.
- Did we mention the mountain views?